A lot of diseases today are caused, directly or indirectly, by a lack of healthy diet food. It is sad, that due to the pressures we experience in our daily rushed lives, that our kids are seriously neglected. Healthy eating for kids is just not on our menus.
The planning of our meals are sort of non-existing and hopefully the healthy eating guidelines that you will find on this site will assist in creating an awareness of the importance of eating healthy foods. Healthy eating recipes will also be found on this site.
One often hears and indeed finds that food has become very expensive. In this healthy eating guide we will learn how to care for food in order to avoid loss and waste, how to prepare it so that it may be easily digested and assimilated, and how to make it appetizing and attractive so that as little as possible is left over and none is wasted.
We have also created a community called about healthy eating. Please join us there. Alternatively click on the “my space” button on the menu above.
To summarize: In the healthy eating guide you will find information on:
My daily intake is over 1500 calories. I am 4 foot 8 small teenager and I weigh 84 pounds.
What do you think?? Will my life expectancy go down because of this??
PS You’re a normal, healthy weight for your height, so I wouldn’t worry too much
If this did work by eating healthier foods would the results be better or worse?. Because i’m getting braces soon and i go to college and i dont want people to be put off because of them.
Maybe but eating healthy foods that are hard make the brackets to fall out so try eating some healthy foods w/c are soft yet can’t damage brackets…
These are he stuffs u can eat:
These are the stuffs u can’t eat:
Chocolates w/ nougat/caramel filling
Alwayz remember DON’T U EVER TRY TO EAT HARD STUFFS COZ IT MIGHT DESTTROY THE BRACKETS…
HOPE I HELPEDÜ
im a pretty big kid, around 246, 5’10. ive always been keeping active by playing sports like basketball 2-3 times a week, gym 2-3 times a week, and during the summer I play some outdoor sports.. Of course in college and having to work also I find less time and motivation to hit the gym and play basketball more than I would want.. I was wondering what healthy eating tips can I try? im of southeastern Asian descent, so I always have white rice at home because its easy to make and I mix it up with whatever I have. What are some low budget healthy meals and snacks I can make at the apartment? since I cant go work out as much as I want, I wanna at least try and eat healthier.
Running, jogging, cycling, swimming, dancing, push ups, sit ups, squats, brisk walking and power walking all help for weight loss but dieting helps more.
You can always eat negative calorie foods for weight loss and below is a list of negative calorie foods that will boost your metabolism.
Negative Calorie Fruits:
Negative Calorie Vegetables:
These foods don’t actually have negative calories but when you eat these foods raw or slightly cooked your body burns more calories digesting and processing them than what is in the food itself.
For a healthy weight loss add some of these foods to your diet each day. Most of them are full of healthy nutrients such as fiber, antioxidants and enzymes as well as vitamins and minerals.
You can see further details in a web search for "list of negative calorie foods".
I don’t want a healthy diet plan because I want to loose weight, I want it so I can stay healthy and improve my performance in sports. If you know any websites that can be helpful to me as a cross country and track runner please let me know , websites that include the science behind why it works. Like electrolytes, the foods that provide oxygen to your blood and muscle, and so forth.
I want to start eating healthy to improve my health but I’ve been having trouble finding recipes that are both healthy and taste good.
I’m not allergic to any food and I eat meat.
Not a huge fan of green veggies though, pork, beef, or fish.
I’m constantly adding new recipes and there’s a little bit of everything- but it’s all delicious! Good luck!
I am 15 and a health and workout addict. I pretty much know how to eat healthy but I still need some advice. What is a good diet with eating 6 well portioned meals a day?
1) Eat more. Remember you are trying to build some muscle around your stomach while burning fat. Avoid starving yourself and make sure you stay full all day without overdoing it. It is all about balance when trying to get six pack abs.
2) Eat healthy natural foods most of the time. Try to eat unprocessed foods at least 90% of the time. Some great choices are lean meats, nuts, beans, fruits, and vegetables. These are the kinds of foods that really promote fat loss.
3) Eat junk food sometimes. You can have about 3 cheat meals a week but make sure they are no bigger than your regular meals. They can be whatever you want. Eating pure crap sometimes really helps with fat loss. So you can indulge without feeling guilty.
4) Eat 5-6 small meals a day. Try to eat about every 3 hours. By doing this you will feel full and energized all day. Your belly fat will shrink and you will fuel your body up for workouts.
5) Eat protein with each meal. Having a source of protein like cottage cheese, chicken, salmon, or milk is important if you are trying build muscle since protein is the building blocks for muscle.
6) Limit carbs. Starchy carbs like bread, pasta, and oatmeal should only be consumed after a workout. Eat fruits and vegetables with each meal to get more carbs for energy. Fruits and vegetables are not loaded with calories like starchy carbs are but they provide your body with plenty of carbs.
7) Have healthy fats with each meal. Some great choices are peanut butter, olive oil, and salmon. Healthy fats help your body burn more fat. Just make sure to avoid trans fat from foods that are fried and processed. Saturated fat should be limited to about 10% when reading the food labels.
8) Drink water. Instead of having drinks loaded with calories like juice, soda, and alcohol drink water and tea which have no calories but help wash away your gut.
An example of a six pack abs diet.
You do not have to worry about calories or portion sizes too much. What is important is that you fill up on natural foods like the kinds mentioned above.
* Breakfast – An omelet with spinach and tomatoes cooked in olive oil with an orange on the side.
Don’t forget you can have junk food as long as you eat clean like this for 90% of the time.
Im kinda a health freak i only eat healthy foods and never eat sweets, junk food or drink alcohol. Im 16. Do you think that it is weird? i think most people that know me do lol!
I am 13 and I play rugby and basketball but I need to get fit. What kind of healthy eating program is there for kids my age?
Hi there, thanks for choosing to answer my questions.
I’m 23 year old male. 5ft 7inch tall and currently weigh 75kg or 11stone 11lb. My BMI is 25.89 which makes me slightly overweight.
In the space of a month i have went from 60kg to 75kg which has mostly been due to my diet. I am a student and live on about £15 a week for food. My diet for the last month has mostly been takeaways, noodles, rice, pizza, cheese, eggs, bread, butter. I am educated on what my body does and does not need and i know that my increase of weight is due to my poor high fatty diet.
Even though i have put on weight, it’s not noticeable except from my belly area. I am quite skinny in the face, chests, arms and legs but my belly is really big and pot bellied and it’s beginning to be an issue now for me. I used to be really overweight when i was younger and it knocked a lot of confidence out of me so i wouldn’t want to return to those days.
So now i need to do something about it. I want to lose the weight i’ve put on so in total i want to lose 15 pounds. I would like to lose it quite quickly but unfortunately i can’t do much exercise. I don’t have the appropriate footwear to go jogging or running and gym memberships are out of the question as i am a student on a very low income.
I also need some help on what food to buy each week that will last me and will not add to my increase in weight. What cheap healthy foods can i buy? And also what times throughout the day should i eat?
I want to maintain a healthy diet but my bank balance is having a negative effect on my waistline and i need some advice on how to diet and eat healthy on a very low budget.
1. Eat less. Eat three balanced meals and three nutritious snacks every day.
2. Walk more – aim for at least 10,000 steps a day, which is about 5 miles – a pedometer is an inexpensive gadget that will help you with this.
3. Drink a lot of water – at least 8 big glasses a day.
4. Begin a weight lifting program.
5. Record what you eat and your exercise so that you know there is a "calorie deficit" – that you have burned off more than you took in.